Master's Degree Programs

Mercy College

NYSUT’s Education & Learning Trust (NYSUT ELT) and Mercy College have partnered to deliver an online graduate education program and Advanced Certificate programs to NYSUT members with flexible schedules at an affordable cost. NYSUT members can obtain a graduate degree and/or fulfill state certification requirements online. You do not need to be located within miles of a Mercy campus. Now, all members across the state can take advantage of this opportunity!

Partnership Overview:

ELT courses are offered online so students can complete the required courses in a few semesters or spread them over a longer period of time.

After completing the required course(s) with NYSUT with a B or better average, students formally apply to the college for matriculation into one of the partnership programs. These courses are available to NYSUT members pursuing a Master’s degree and Advanced Certificate programs as well as those members interested in individual courses only (i.e., not pursuing the full degree program).


  • Only 5 NYSUT ELT courses can be applied to a Master’s partnership program with Mercy College. (1-2 for Advanced Certificate, depending on the program).
  • Remaining courses are taken online through Mercy after successful matriculation.
  • Ten (10) hours Field Work is required.
  • If completing field work, a Taskstream account is required.

*Please visit the Mercy College web site at or contact the Mercy College faculty identified in the Key Contact Information sections for more detailed information for each of the degree programs and certifications offered.

Be mindful: New York State regulation (effective Fall of 2016) requires that all graduate schools of education require a 3.0 GPA (undergraduate) in their admissions criteria, and use a standardized test as part of the admission process. If you are planning to matriculate into a Graduate Education Program, you will have to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or another test as indicated by the college you apply to.

As of May 2018, current certified teachers or educational leaders who already hold a graduate degree are exempt from taking the standardized test. To become exempt it may be necessary to apply for a waiver through the admissions. Waivers may also be available for the 3.0 GPA requirement. Ask your admissions officer for more information about these policies.